5 Simple Changes You Can Make To Live A Greener Lifestyle
We all know that it’s better to live a greener lifestyle and protect the Earth, but we all wonder “Are these little things really going to affect the planet?”
The answer is: yes. From using reusable bags to composting, each green action you take helps chip away creating a healthier planet to live on. Want to know some simple tips for living a greener life? Take a look at the list below!
1. Use reusable bags. Have you ever wondered how many plastic you use in a year? The average American uses 350-500 plastic bags each year. By purchasing and only using a couple bags for shopping, you can throw that number away and have confidence knowing you’re helping the environment.
2. Eat less meat. It takes over 2,400 gallons of water to make 1 pound of meat while it takes 25 gallons to grow 1 pound of wheat. The less meat you eat, the less water you use!
3. Start a compost bin. Not only does a compost bin make taking out the trash way easier, (because you have to carry less trash), it is also amazing for the environment. When you send trash that can be composted to the landfill, it doesn’t get the oxygen it needs to decompose. Instead, it is incinerated which releases greenhouse gases, like carbon dioxide, into our atmosphere. Carbon dioxide is extremely harmful to our atmosphere.
4. Use a reusable water bottle. Each year, only 23% of plastic water bottles are recycled. By using a reusable water bottle, you can help reduce the amount of water bottles that end up in a landfill, which take 1,000 years to decompose, by the way.
5. Use less paper. By signing up to receive e-bills and emailing documents, you can help reduce your paper usage. Over 40% of solid waste is paper products. If you control your usage of paper, we can help reduce that number.
Living green is great, but sometimes it can seem like it requires a lot of time and energy. If you follow these steps, you’ll be able to live greener and still live the life you want.